Sunday, December 29, 2019

2019 in retrospect

Hello there everyone its your old friend DJ Dizzy here & I want to talk about the year 2019 & all of the stuff that happened in this past year.


This year has had its share of ups & downs but through it all there has been some good tines along with personal growth & lessons, 

There were some lives that were lost such as Luke Perry who died tragically out of the blue from a massive stroke at the tender age of 52. I'm still shocked about that myself & we lost a an actress who has been apart of our childhood for a good long while that or Russi Taylor at the age of 76.
She was a tremendous talent who really gave stunning performances using her voice & she was perhaps the voice of not just mine but everyone else's childhood at that. They'll shall be loved & missed. We also lost countless people like Rick Ocasack of rock group The Cars as  well as Eddie Money who were Rock n roll Hall of Famers at best.

It was also a big year for movies & some live action adaptions of Disney movies that in my opinion really should've been left alone but I will say Aladdin was perhaps well done but The Lion King my advice they shouldn't have thought about remaking a live action version of that film but that's just what I think though.

Speaking of live action adaptions we saw a live version of The Little Mermaid which in my opinon was well done considering how they showed the animated film & interwove the live performances
with it & added some of the songs that were featured in the Broadway play which I though was a really well though out & well done at that.

There was also the debut of a certain movie that of Detective Pikachu which had gotten some mixed reviews & when I see it for myself I'll give you my thoughts on things. Bohemian Rhapsody took home some wins as well as the remake of A Star Is Born. There were also movies like Yesterday & Rocket Man that left a lot of people talking & to add on to this fray Avengers Endgame 

We also saw our fair share of natural disasters such as the hurricane that did some serious damage to the Bahamas & also raged in some parts of Florida to which I was keeping track of when it was going on. I also extend my prayers to those effected by the tragedy & I send them the hope of starting over again.


We unfortunately had to say goodbye & part ways with the morning cartoon block Kids Click which is a real shame because I thought for sure that was really going to go far but the remains of it still live on in the shows that broadcast on other networks, case in point Pac Man & The Ghostly Adventures & Miraculous so maybe in the future it could come back & do better as both a morning & afternoon block.

It was also a year of  some decent TV & Netflix shows & I've been checking out one called Lost & Found Music Studios which can be found through Netflix & this is a show that I highly recommend because it has a lot to offer at that.

As for TV shows  we'll see a lot of things happening with Riverdale & its ever changing plot (I had to stop watching it mid season & because some characters left but I digress.) But overall there was a lot of character development with the Archie Gang but overall here's hoping that things go well for them in the end.

But aside from that on my part I got to do some pretty awesome things for myself such as travelling to different places & I also had my share of getting an original story published & displayed at the local library which is a real honor. I've also been getting a lot better at playing the piano since I started taking lessons again & practicing more at it. I'm also progressing in other projects as well so I have a lot going on at that.

As for music we had a lot of hits & misses but also we've had out share of decent tracks like the song Juice by singer Lizzo whose had a pretty decent year at that & had it had a lot of people dancing out of their seats & many school hallways at that & we also have some decent share of indie artists & bands who have a lot coming up in the next year.


So while we've had our shares of ups & downs in 2019 it's been a pretty decent year when it came to entertainment & a whole lot more but who knows what's to come in 2020? Well we can't really say for sure but the only thing we can do is sit back & relax & see what can come out of it & my main wish for the next year is that things turn out just as awesome as this year so we'll see how things turn out.

So here's to the new year & to you 2019 & here's hoping that things go well with things to come.

Happy New Year & stay awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment