Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Memo to Hollywood: Tone it down

I've noticed that the film industry has been going down hill as of late. & it's usually the same thing everytime. The beef I have with them is how they depict people be it with race, gender, or handicaps in some films. I'll break it down individually starting with:
Ethnicity:
Now I noticed when the movies tend to do a film on black people they'll usually have them either in the hood or in church or in a nightclub. Now I'll say this there are a lot of articulate blacks out there. So isn't it about time we saw some on the big scren instead of always the same old thing? & it's not just blacks they do this to nearly every diversity: Not all blondes are dumb or socialites. & Not all Asians or Mexicans are well mercenaries or whatever. They feel like they need to type cast people based on their race. Not just that but also it's
Gender:
Now thing that really gets me is why do some films make good looking women out to be sex symbols. You can still be good looking in glasses right? Not all people are sexy & even they get there share of dates. & Also what's wrong with a women having power in a man's world? We can play just as hard as the guys. Not all girls are prissy or girly. Look at me I'm a girl but I let a belch fly every once in a while. (I'm sure that some of you girls have done it too now.)
Disabled or handicapped:
Now I've noticed that some movies even tend to potray disabled poeple as worthless & stupid or just plain incapable.
Well I'll say this being blind I don't think of myself as worthless. I'm doing the best that I can with the vision that I do have. What I really can't stand is how they'll potray people with autism. Not all people with autism be it mild severe are withdrwan They do alot with their lives. Some mutes may not speak but they can communicate other skils. I've even seen paraplegics surf without their legs & I've seen both blind & deaf people become awesome dancers, composers & writers. Now if we can do all of that how come they can't portray us that way in films?
One more thing I'd like to say about the film industry is only this: If your going to do a movie based off something like say a show, video game, a book, or whatever find the right people for it not always a famous face & try to make the plot relatable. The thing to also do is to be more original in the storyline & to stop putting things in 3D. (It's bad enough having to pay twice the amount.) This little "entertainment law" is getting out of hand so the thing to do is to tone some stuff diown. Thats what I gotta say & I'm sticking to it.


So with that all said here's some tunes to get you through things


Skee Lo- I wish


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw


Until next time keep calm & ROCK N ROLL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment