Friday, October 2, 2015

Era of Remakes Part 2: Jem & The Holograms Movie

Hello there one & all it's your friendly neighborhood DJ Dizzy here & this time around I've got a rant that really has to be done this time around I'm talking about Jem & the Holograms.




Now for those of you 80s babes like myself this cartoon is still remains a cult classic even today & now they're finally making a film adaption of it
& if anything its NOT like the cartoon because for starters, No Misfits, No Stingers & Most of all NO SYNERGY! If there's no Synergy then there's no Jem. She's the reason for her existence in the first place. It's made out to be a straight up drama & they got every last thing wrong about it.


Here's the trailer so you can see for yourself


Jem Trailer:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfa9t-TeeVU


Now  what I have to ask is only this: WTF?!  Since when do they have other family members? & also where are Starlight Girls? They really messed this movie up without a doubt. Ironically it was made by the producers of the movies Pitch Perfect & Never Say Never. My advice to them don't ever try to do a movie based on a cartoon band & straight up butcher it by trying to fit it to your own design to make some money.





So I guess my point of this rant would only be this: If I said it before I'll say it once again if it's not broke then don't try to fix it so as the Misfits once said Jack take a hike! & I do mean that with every last fiber of my being.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppI6gtPflho

No comments:

Post a Comment