Thursday, June 1, 2017

Thoughts of a DJ: MTV Classic Review

Hello there everyone its the DJ coming at you & I'm doing an overdo review of a certain music channel. That of MTV Classic





Okay now for some that don't know at one time it used to be VH1 Classic & this channel debuted last year on August 1st to showcase MTV shows from the late 90s & early 2000s as well as music from the 80s. Now my thoughts on the channel would also show case TV shows & movies from its original channel such as MTV's Oddities, Real World, & Clone High. (These are the shows I mentioned in a previous article for those that don't recall.)

But in all honesty I'll say this I liked it better when it was VH1 Classic cause at least they had more to go on. They did music videos, shows, concerts, & movies for the viewing audience they also provided that bit of 80s & 90s nostalgia for all of us gen X kids out there which I rather enjoyed.

Here's something from their video vault

VH1 Classic playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3uf5V0pDA&list=PL97093D589D391172

So here's the real question WTF went wrong?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1gp1LVy4sk

I have to say my main thought is though I like that they're all about the music but when it was VH1 classic it was more than that they had actual shows such as "That Metal Show" in which you could find out all about the newest & iconic heavy metal & hard rock acts.

There was also the Friday night Rock Block where they showcased concerts every Friday night as well as over the weekend when given a chance.  But I'll say this about it there's things I miss about it like the Friday Night Rock Block amongst other things but I digress.

Point is if you have a good thing going then the best thing to do is not to ruin it. So I say it should go back to using the VH1 name since they were not just about music but also movies & shows & that's something we should see more of. Balance things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment