Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cartoon Network Rant (Part 1)

Hello once again guys DJ Dizzy here,




This time around it's time for me to lay into a rant that I've been meaning to do for quite sometime. I'm talking about Cartoon Network or CN for short. Now I know there's been a lot of videos about people's thoughts & rants on the channel so I decided to try my hand at it myself.


Okay lets start off with something that I think we all miss most about it.


1: The logo.









Now I'm not going to lie when I say I miss their old checkerboard logo that really made them what they were & really put them on the map.  They should bring that back.






2: The Blocks: Well if anything they had a lot of cool block from what I've seen. I especially liked it when they did Cartoon-Cartoon Fridays in particular because that was when you had the characters interacting with each other & at times they'd introduce the show depending on which one had hosting duties. I thought that was pretty cool & creative.

Some blocks they should probably bring back in particular would have to be Afternoon Adventures, Super Chunk, & Cartoon Theatre just for old times sake. Matter of fact I'd have love to see Toonapalooza as well on Friday nights becuase from what I've seen in the old commercials that sounded pretty cool.




3: The Bumpers:The bumpers were especially the best part because in addition to letting you know what was coming up next they would also be color coded so you'd know exactly what how it worked.


Black- Midnight


Red- Morning


Yellow; Midday


Green- Afternoon


Blue-Nighttime


Purple- Action shows


So something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynWfhouOSsQ





4: The music videos & Extras: Sometimes in between commercial breaks they would also play extras of cartoons & music videos to keep people entertained behind commercial breaks. You rarely ever see them anymore these days so if anything they should bring them back.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSH0hyUWJcY






5: Toonami & Maguzi: Okay it's cool that they brought back Toonami but since they show adult based shows & I'm thinking that maybe they should bring back Maguzi a.k.a. Toonami Lite for the younger generation for those that really don't know what anime is or what it's all about as far as plot & animatopn goes.






6: The Shows: As for the shows that are airing right now I just have to ask: WTF?! Man what they're playing now is a joke. I'm sure you seen what they have now as far as cartoons if you want to call them that. because as far as I'm concerned they're getting away with airing shows that they really shouldn't. SUch as Regular Show & Adventure Time if anything they should've just left those off the air comepletely & just left online where they belong as far as some of the blocks that have come & gone I just have to ask what were they thinking? Here's a quick list:


Action Flicks- That looked like it was stuck on repeat what with them playing the same movies every Saturday. Luckily that ended when it did.


You Are Here-  This aired on Fridays as a bit of replacement for Toonami when it went off the air. There was only one that I thought was pretty good that of Young Justice. The others weren't all that good. So luckily it we don;t have to worry so much about it anymore.


CN Real- Reality Shows on an all cartoon channel no wonder that didn't work out so well.


Fried Dynamite- That kind of imploded on itself & if anything I can see why.


So my point of this is CN should go back to what they once were to give their fans a taste of some nostalgia & bring back some of their old blocks. I would've liked to see Afternoon Adventures or some of the other classic cartoons they once had way back when. We grew up on CN that & we made them what they were & they wouldn't be where they're at with out their fans so it's only fair for them to give us & the new generation a taste of some nostalgia.


Well that's going to do it for now but this rant has only begun so be on the lookout for part 2 of this rant. (And trust me when I say I've got a lot of thoughts regarding the new & less improved Boomerang.)


But anyway here's a classic video from Dexter's Laboratory that'll tide you over


Dexter's Laboratory- Back to the lab again


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hssLLakcUQg


So until then I'm up over & GONE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment