Saturday, April 25, 2015

Cartoon Network Rant (Part 2): Boomerang

Hey there all this is part 2 of my CN rant & this time around I'm going to get on the case of it's sister channel Boomerang. Now I'm a fan of the old school  shows & when I found out that they were going to change the logo & its whole schedule around one question came to mind: WF?!  So with that I present a rant of everything that they were once all about. In no particular order:


The Logo:












Now the original logo as you know was a blue boomerang shaped like the letter B which was it's signature & to make matters worse I couldn't help but noticed that they dropped their original slogan 'It's all coming back to you.' They really did keep the classics alive & well. But aside from that the new logo now looks like a box & that doesn't sit well with me & I'm not going to lie when I say that like Cartoon Network's old logo I missed the B shaped boomerang logo. That's what identified it most.




The bumpers. Sometimes in between commercials they'd either have music videos or classic cartoon clips & it was cool because if anything you never knew what you were going to get sometimes you'd get both. But all in all that's what I enjoyed about it most because it was a slice of some entertainment in between brakes. And sometimes they'd even feature commercials featuring some of the characters
which I thought was pretty funny.




The Blocks. Well let me just say that when it came to the blocks they had a lot to choose from especially during the day because they'd play a lot of the classic cartoons during they day as part of a block Such were Boomerang Zoo, & Boomeraction (Which is my personal favorite.) & Boomeroyalty which was similar to CN's Super Chunk. Boomerang Theatre (Yeah that's still around in case you're wondering.) Now that they're gone there's nothing really going on with it because they just put the same shows into overkill which has gotten be annoying. Speaking of which...........




The Shows. The shows back then were pretty awesome because they had a little something for everyone cartoons we grew up on & something for your parents & grandparents. But if anything that's what really put then on the map. Sometimes when an event came up like a major holiday each month they'd even do marathons of a show or air them as part of the event. Which I thought was radical because it gave us a chance to see what the classics were all about & it was good for parents as well. Nowadays they play the same shows & their episodes every week on overkill & it's getting to a point where you want to ask "Is this the same channel?" Last I remember they  were never like this, So boring & believe me when I say they are.




So my point of this rant is only this: They should go back to what they did best keeping the classics alive & that's something I felt that they really did well & so if anything if they want to gain more views & better ratings then they should bring back their blocks & original programming schedule. Because the new Boomerang really isn't working for me or anyone else. That also goes for CN as well. Keep in mind these are my honest thoughts & opinions. But let me know what you have to say on it.

So with that said I'm going to leave you with a little something to keep you rocking from the Bleach.

Bleach- Number One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lsn2tT5yTc

So until then I'm up over & GONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment